Top Ten Tuesday is a meme/feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish where we talk about certain topic every week and this week’s topic is books that we picked up on whim be it based on covers, recommendations or other things that you might think of. I’m putting this list into two parts: part 1 will be the books that I picked up on a whim and enjoyed and part 2 will be books I picked up on a whim but have yet to read. Books on this list will consists of either books that I’ve read so far this year or released this year.
Part 1: Books I Picked Up on a Whim and Enjoyed
- book Our Song by Dani Atkins – I was surprised at how much I loved this one, in all its heartbreaking perfection. It was so good it brought me to tears. You can read my review of this book here.
- Ready Player One – I picked this one up when a group of Malaysians on twitter were having a read-along but I put it on hold during the period that they were having the read-along because after reading a few pages, I thought that it would not be a book for me. After a couple of weeks of them talking and spazzing about it, I felt like giving it another try and ended up loving it. Definitely no regrets reading it.
- The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen – I picked this one up because a girl I knew on twitter was spazzing about Garden Spells (another Sarah Addison Allen), saying how good it is and all but at that time, the one that was available was this book so I ended up reading this first and reading Garden Spells a bit later. Needless to say, Sarah Addison Allen is definitely one of my fave author discovery this year. I’ve read three of her novels so far and am definitely looking forward to read more.
- Adorkable by Cookie O’Gorman – This is not really the best book ever but I was drawn to it because of the title and when I saw a friend’s review on GR saying this is good if you want something fluffy, I decided to pick it up. I enjoyed this one mostly because of the two main characters. You can read my review of it here.
- The Little French Guesthouse by Helen Pollard – This is the first Helen Pollard book that I read and I thought it was very well done. I love the description of the guesthouse, the characters and thought it was just charming. You can read my review here.
Part 2: Books I Picked Up on a Whim but Have Yet to Read
(Just so you know, there are A LOT of books that I picked up on a whim but have yet to read, so many books so little time and all that, and to just pick five is hard, so this is like a random list)
- The Cosy Teashop in the Castle by Caroline Roberts – I was really drawn to the covers for this one, I just love the font that was used. And add cafe plus castle, consider me sold!
- Just Haven’t Met You Yet by Cate Woods – I love the cover for this one too. I felt that the colours were eye-popping and I love that. But what sold me for this book was when I read the first chapter in a blog tour post and I knew I have to read this.
- The Love that Split the World by Emily Henry – The reason I picked this up was because I read news that it was picked up to be adapted into a movie so I decided that I need to read this first before it becomes a movie. But this has some mixed reviews so I’m not sure whether I would love it or not. I’ll still probably read it though.
- Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn – I’ve seen mixed reviews of this one but I picked it up because I was interested in the premise of the girl ‘tutoring’ the boys so that their girlfriends could have a better first time than she did. My favourite youtuber loved it so much so I can’t wait to delve into it.
- The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead – I have never read anything from Richelle Mead before but I was intrigued by this one. There were some mixed reviews for this, some liked it, some did not, but hopefully I will love it.
Have you read any of these? What do you think? Are there any books that you picked up on a whim yourself?